Director of Procurement & Sourcing- Direct Materials
Ref ID: REF23410M
Location: Livingston, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. Our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our valued TEAM Members will shine through in everything we do.
Foster Farms is always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms TEAM. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage TEAM Members to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job Description
Pay Range: $165,000 to $210,000 per year
Purpose of Position:
Position will report to the Vice President of Procurement & Sourcing. The Director Procurement & Sourcing – Direct Materials is a critical position within the Sourcing Department. The role is a key member of the Department Leadership team and provides important guidance and input on shaping policy and direction for the entire Sourcing team. The role has three specific areas of focus. The position will be accountable for the strategic sourcing of approximately $270 million of Packaging and Ingredients supplied to Foster Farms operations. In addition, the role will be accountable for the on time and in full planning of these materials supporting 10 production facilities. Finally, the position will have responsibility for the packaging engineering function that processes some 300 packaging projects per year. As a result, this role has a strong impact on the overall success that Foster Farms products have in the marketplace through ensuring a timely supply of quality and competitive materials in our products. Further, the role plays a key role in ensuring that new product launches and innovation initiatives that deliver to our customers and consumers are on time and successful.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the strategic sourcing and buying efforts for an annual spend of $270 million of packaging and ingredients across a complex SKU mix of more than 1000 items.
- Additionally, lead a team of material planners who have responsibility for the on time and in full delivery of these items to 10 manufacturing locations across the USA.
- Lead a team focused on the packaging engineering of all packaging materials used by Foster Farms.
- Across these three areas, the role is responsible for a team of 12 FTE including 3 manager level positions.
- Assume the role of a senior leader in the department helping to set the culture, work quality and overall positive atmosphere of the department. Be accountable for the development and career growth of team members within own team but also have a strong influence across the department.
- Interact daily with key departments including innovation, marketing, production and operations with stakeholders at the Director and Vice President level.
- Lead the team with a strong focus on supply markets regarding cost savings and cost avoidance by actively driving competition in the supply base through sound strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Maintain a high level of expertise and knowledge in numerous key commodity input areas including various resin, linerboard and agricultural based commodities.
- Develop and implement major cost savings initiatives across all aspects of the business with a strong focus on value engineering our inputs and processes while ensuring same or better quality.
- Prepare and monitor annual, quarterly, and period reports to help inform the business of materials purchasing changes.
- Support Marketing, Sales and Operations in new product development and product changes by meeting implementation deadlines and minimizing costs.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum seven-ten years work experience in procurement area
- Strong analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of Packaging and Food Ingredients industry, markets and supply chain
- Excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of business law and experience in contract creation
- Strong leadership skills with minimum 10 years supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of SAP system
- Good understanding of Agriculture Industry
- Direct and manage all groups to become more strategic within their given area, bringing greater value to the company and instruct and encourage professional advancement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.