Director of Construction Engineering
Ref ID: REF27335C
Department: Engineering & Construction Maintenance
Location: Delhi, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. Our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our valued TEAM Members will shine through in everything we do.
Foster Farms is always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms TEAM. We offer the experience of a large organization, however, we operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage TEAM Members to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job Description
Pay Range: $178,000 to $209,000 per year
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Engineering will manage and direct engineering and construction management for the company. The Director will lead a team to design, build and coordinate implementation of large-scale capital projects throughout the organization. The Director of Engineering will oversee and direct design and construction including project scopes, budgeting, bidding, and scheduling of capital projects. This position will work closely with various leadership TEAMs to ensure projects meet timelines and budget projections and project IRR assumptions. This position will manage all field-related facility engineering, construction and consulting technical staff. This position also acts as a gateway for review and approval of all capital projects, excluding IT and Transportation projects, for the company. Safety will be the primary consideration in design and implementation of all projects including contractor safety, during construction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be the strategic leader and engineering resource for the company. Direct the planning for future capital projects including infrastructure upgrades, equipment and product changes and new construction.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts across all business lines by working collaboratively with the senior leadership TEAM.
- Direct and manage construction management staff to ensure timely completion of infrastructure projects.
- Oversee implementation of new technologies for maximizing efficiency.
- Provide strategic input and direction of maintenance and engineering efforts to ensure operations reliability, consistent with the needs of the organization.
- Lead plant managers as they develop and execute their CAPEX budget.
- Lead strategic planning for company assets, and capital improvements.
- Influence and drive cross-functional problem solving to ensure the attainment of continuous improvement objectives.
- Recommends methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in a plant engineering or central engineering department, food-processing background preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and other engineering programs.
- Must posses a CA DL and have reliable transportation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new TEAM Members.