Continuous Improvement Manager
Ref ID: REF31004X
Department: Human Resources
Location: Farmerville, LA
Employment Type: Full-time
Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. Our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our valued TEAM Members will shine through in everything we do.
Foster Farms is always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms TEAM. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage TEAM Members to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job Description
- Advocate Lean Methodologies and Six Sigma principles in developing organizational solutions.
- Provide leadership to operational functions to drive productivity with a focus on efficiencies, yield, people capability building and waste elimination opportunities.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Examine and evaluate facilities performance relative to labor efficiency and provide guidance on strategy to improve.
- Develop and lead routines to drive the measurement of downtime and plans to improve up time.
- Drive continuous improvement into the culture by educating and coaching the plant teams on Lean concepts to develop their capabilities in engagement, facilitation, planning, execution and troubleshooting.
- Develop, track, and report corporate KPI’s that result in company’s success.
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams to improve line efficiencies through root cause analysis and Lean methods.
- Collaborate with other functions (Warehouse, HR, Engineering, Quality, IT, Planning, etc. ) as necessary to solve supply chain issues.
- Influence plant leadership teams of the most optimal methods and actions to resolve issues.
- Develop dashboards for manufacturing and maintenance KPIs.
- Responsible for monthly efficiency reviews with the manufacturing plants.
- Responsible for monthly maintenance manager meetings to improve maintenance execution and develop effective processes.
- Provide data analysis regarding line performance and trends for manufacturing and maintenance.
- Ensure sustainability of past CI projects and focus on standardization and adoption of improved processes.
- Promote CI activities, recognize and reward successes and celebrate CI accomplishments.
- Champion change management by building trust through direct engagement, problem solving, and building relationships.
- Proactively recommends business solutions through the CI lens and can articulate how continuous improvement tools and process can drive business value
- Lead the operations team in development of labor budgets, assist teams in achieving targets
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Technical acumen in manufacturing sector. Food Manufacturing preferred.
- Deep understanding and/or experience in lean production systems, process excellence and performance improvement tools, techniques, and concepts.
- Experience working in food manufacturing or an understanding of food industry is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills to enable interactions at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to interact with and influence broad spectrum of leaders and colleagues.
- Experience in coaching and developing large teams.
- Able to effectively hold people accountable even if in senior or peer relationships.
- Acts decisively.
- Proven ability to take on and solve complex problems independently.
- Proven capabilities in successfully executing projects with teams.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Proven change management capabilities.
- Must be able to travel on a routine basis (Car & plane) and occasionally travel overnight
- Must be able to obtain a CA Driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Stand/walk for up to 4-6 hours daily
- Consistent and reliable attendance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new TEAM Members.