Ref ID: REF32402Y
Location: Demopolis, AL
Employment Type: Full-time
Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. Our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our valued TEAM Members will shine through in everything we do.
Foster Farms is always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms TEAM. We offer the experience of a large organization, however, we operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage TEAM Members to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job Description
The primary objectives of this position are to provide overall direction for the Demopolis Plant, including production, distribution, warehousing, sanitation, and maintenance functions. The position will include frequent contact with Live Production, Technical Services, Human Resources, Accounting, Commodities, Legal, USDA, industry associations, local government agencies, and selected customers.
- Promote, Enable, Facilitate and Drive TEAM Member safety.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy to provide a harassment-free work environment
- Maintains reliable work force and positive TEAM member relations.
- Maintains and builds management depth for existing business and growth.
- Promotes an environment and culture of engagement where all TEAM Members feel respected, valued, and informed.
- Developing short-term and long-term goals for Production and monitor the results of cost and quality systems to ensure profit margins.
- Apply leadership to develop personnel and systems that will place the manufacturing operation in an industry-leading position in terms of cost and quality.
- Provide direction to ensure that comprehensive TEAM Member safety programs are aligned with the Company’s goals and values.
Technical and Engineering:
- Assist in product development, quality assurance, engineering systems, and equipment to provide future profitability and growth as required by the Manufacturing Division.
- Develop new products and processes in conjunction with Marketing and USDA compliance with SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Ensure quality programs and technical support to protect existing businesses.
- Ensure engineering support for expansion and new methods.
- Participate with Operations in the total planning process, including capital requirements, budgeting, and Team development for future growth of our business.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business Administration or related fields preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible management in the food processing industry, preferably in the poultry business.
- Demonstrated financial understanding to include budgeting, staffing, and cost analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and drive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to work in both individual and teamwork settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, financial software, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new TEAM Members.